Zhangmu to Lhasa: Shigatse
This town is the second largest town in Tibet having 500 year old history, and the capital of Tsang, lying 274km west of Lhasa at an altitude of 3900m. The high way to Lhasa runs on the bank of Yarlung Tsangpo ( Better known as Brahmaputra River) passing through narrow gorges and broad valleys. The sceneries are Yaks & Sheep grazing on the vast plains, rocky hills and farmers plowing their fields with the help of Yaks in traditional way. Gyangtse. This town is a pastoral town between Lhasa and Shigatse, situated at elevetion of 3800m. It is 264km south west of Lhasa. It still retains the charm of a traditional Tibetan town untouched by modern expansion. It made world headlines in 1904 when colonel Young Husband, who led a British expedition to Tibet, defeated the Tibetan army there. as a crossroads on the principle trade route to India, it used to be renowned for the excellence of the carpets. The compound, encircled by an impressive wall, once contained 19 monasteries, presided over by the still intact fortress perched a top a nearby mountain. The alpine road to Gyangse to Lhasa runs over the three mountain passes: Sim-La (4380m), Karo-La (5045m) and Ghampa-La (4794m.) along with the view of Yamdrok-Tso (Yamdrok Lake).
Itinerary & Highlight
Day 01. Arrival in Kathmandu:
Transfer to hotel for check in and briefing on the trip. An introductory sightseeing trip to downtown Kathmandu or explore around hotel depending on your flight arrival.
Day 02. Kathmandu:
Guided sightseeing covering all the major sightseeing points in and around Kathmandu, covering the prominent landmarks such as: Soyambhunath Stupa, Boudhanath Stupa, Patan, Kumari (the living goddess) Temple and Durbar Square Kathmandu.
Day 03. Kathmandu to Nylam:
Depart early in the morning. Drive through the Nepal–Tibet border along the famous Araniko Highway via Zangmu (Nepal-Tibet border). After immigration and customs formalities on both sides( Kodari and Zhangmu) drive to the small town of Nylam (3700mt).
Day 04. Nylam to Rombuk Monastery (Mt. Everest Base Camp):
Drive. Enjoy the breathtaking view of Mt. Everest as well as panoramic views of surrounding high mountains.
Day 05. Rombuk Monastery to Shigatse:
Morning a brief excursion around the Rombuk and drive to Shigatse.
Day 06. Shigatse to Lhasa:
Morning sightseeing trip to Tashilumpo Monastery and drive to Lhasa via Gyangtse and Yamdrok Lake crossing Karo La. Rest or explore around hotel.
Day 07. Lhasa:
After breakfast, full day sightseeing in Lhasa. City tours including Potala, Jhokhang, Sera and Bharkhor Bazar. Return to hotel Lhasa.
Day 08. Lhasa to Next Destination:
Transfer to Airport for Check in. Fly out from Tibet.
Standard Trip Category:
– Hotel accommodation as per itinerary on twin sharing basis in Nepal and Tibet..
– All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trip.
Mode of Transportation:
– All ground transportations as per the itinerary.
– Airport pickup and drop in Kathmandu and Lhasa.
– Request to send us an email for price tag and other details, inform us the number of participants referring the tour code: AAA.TOUR.49
– Guided city sightseeing with private vehicle in Nepal and Tibet as per the itinerary.
– Tibet permit.
– Complete tour arrangement as per the itinerary.
– Service of government registered professional English speaking tour guide throughout the tour.
– All entry fees to the sightseeing points as per the itinerary.
– Government tax and surcharges.
– Chinese visa fee.
– International flights to and from Kathmandu and Lhasa.
– Additional services beyond service plans, inclusive and itinerary.
– Excess baggage charges.
– Personal expenses (tips, bar bill, laundry, and other expenses of personal nature during the trip).
– Travel insurance covering rescue in case of emergency.
– Additional waiting expenses in case of flight cancellation due to bad weather.