The capital city of Tibet, at an altitude of 3650m, is situated on the north bank of Kyichu River, a tributary of the Yarlung Tsangpo river. Lhasa in Tibetan means “place of the Gods” and Potala Palace, the residence of The Dalai Lama (The God King), is the earthly representation of the celestial palace of Avaloketeswora, the Buddha of infinite compassion whose incarnation in the human form is believed to be the Dalai Lama. As Tibet’s political, religious and culture center, it is a city truly blessed by the gods where life is unhurried, its people jovial and yet remaining staunchly independent. The Potala Palace is surely one of the wonders of the world. It rises more than 3000m over the valley floor. This legendary palace, built a top a single hill is synonymous with Tibet. First built in the 70th century, as a fortress by Tibet’s foremost king, Songtsen Gompo. This 13 storey, 1000 rooms, living quarter of the Dalai Lamas apartments for Regents, Tutors, High Lamas, splendid ceremonial areas, offices of Chapel, Shrine and corridors, Tresuries, cell for monks and servants, granaries and store rooms. The palace of Dalai Lamas have now become more a museum than a palace.
Itinerary & Highlight
Day 01. Arrival in Kathmandu:
Transfer to hotel for check in and briefing on the trip. An introductory sightseeing trip to downtown Kathmandu or explore around hotel depending on your flight arrival.
Day 02. Kathmandu:
Guided sightseeing covering all the major sightseeing points in and around Kathmandu, covering the prominent landmarks such as: Soyambhunath Stupa, Boudhanath Stupa, Patan, Kumari (the living goddess) Temple and Durbar Square Kathmandu.
Day 03. Kathmandu to Lhasa (Gonggar) Airport and Tsedang:
Fly to Lhasa airport. Drive to Tsedang. Check in hotel. Rest.
Day 04. Tsedang to Samye Monastery and Lhasa:
Sightseeing trip to Samye Monastery and Yambu Lakhang, then drive to Lhasa. Check in hotel.
Day 05. Lhasa:
Full day sightseeing trip to all major sightseeing points in Lhasa inclunding Potala Palace, Jokhan Temeple and Bharkor martket.
Day 06. Lhasa to Gyangtse:
Drive to Gyangtse (Kumbumpagoda) via Yamdrok tso Lake. Sightseeing in the evening.
Day 07. Gyangtse to Shigatse:
Visit Gyangtse fort. Drive to Shigatse in the afternoon. Sightseeing.
Day 08. Shigatse to Lhasa:
Drive to Lhasa along the Yalung Tsangpo gorge. Sightseeing and shopping.
Day 09. Lhasa to Lhasa airport and Kathmandu:
Transfer to Lhasa airport (about 96km from the main city). Fly out from Tibet.
Day 10. Kathmandu:
After breakfast, visit Pashupatinath and Bhaktapur. Return to hotel for refreshment. Evening, sightseeing and shopping around downtown Kathmandu and Thamel Street. Farewell dinner will be served at typical Nepalese Restaurant with cultural show.
Day 11. Transfer to airport:
Departure from Kathmandu or make extension as per your time-frame.
– Depending on the number of trekking members.
– Hotel accommodation for 4 nights in Kathmandu on twin-sharing basis.
– Hotel accommodation for 6 nights in Tibet on twin-sharing basis.
– Breakfast at hotel in Kathmandu.
– Meals (including breakfast, lunch and dinner) in Tibet.
Mode of Transportation:
– Guided city sightseeing with private vehicle in Nepal and Tibet as per the itinerary.
– Airfare: Kathmandu/Lhasa/Kathmandu with tax (subject to increment on fare revise).
– Airport pickups and drops upon your arrival and departure from Kathmandu and Lhasa.
Inclusive (in addition to the above plan)
– Services as per the above mentioned plan.
– Tour arrangement as per the itinerary and option.
– Government registered, professional tour guide.
– All ground transfers and sightseeing trips based on private vehicle as per the itinerary.
– All entry fees to the sightseeing points as per the itinerary.
– Chinese visa and other permit surcharges.
– A bottle of mineral water per person each day.
– Farewell dinner at typical Nepalese Restaurant with cultural show in Kathmandu.
– Government tax and surcharges.
– Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
– Your travel insurance (suggested to obtain before your departure from home).