Location: Dzongri Sikkim, IndiaBook Now!
Trekking in Sikkim
Sikkim offers some of the finest trekking experience in the Himalaya. The state’s vast unspoiled mountain range is a trekker’s delight and its Barsey Rhododendron Sanctuary passes through forests of silver fir, hemlock, magnolia and rhododendron with a view of Mt. Kangchendzonga peaks in the background. The Dzongri- Goecha La Trek is the most popular trek in Sikkim and famed for great mountain views, a floral spectacle in summer, bird and views of pristine forest. Sikkim rises like a magnificent stairway from the tropical plains of West Bengal to the North and Eastern borders of the frozen Tibetan plateau and the Western borders with Nepal. With an area of just 7110 KM2 , Sikkim has a geographically diverse landscape, dominated by Mt. Kanchenjunga. Sikkim has excessive rainfall which in turn makes the rivers swell with glacial waters and this has scared the land with deep gorges. Sikkim is a popular destination for adventure tourism as well as its culture, scenic beauty and biodiversity, offering ideal place for trekking.
Trek to Dzongri
This trek was opened for trekkers by the Indian Government in 2000. The trek starts from the region of Yuksom. The gains which take place in the altitudes of this trek at various points are gradual; thus provide enough time for acclimatizing. The trek leads to the bewitching beauty of the wilderness which is located here. Yuksom-Dzongri Trek is one the most popular short and high altitude trekking destinations in Sikkim. This trek starts from Yuksom and ends at Yuksom, especially designed for the trekkers having short timeframe but willing to get highest possible. Dzongri and Dzongri La (the natural view point) is the best point to view the high mountains and its ranges in the Sikkim Himalaya including Mt. Kanchenjunga 8585m, the third highest mountain in the world. Besides, some of the popular peaks are Mt. Pandim 6691m, Mt. Kabur north 7338m, Mt. Kabur south 7317m, Mt. Kumbhakarna (Janoo) 7710m, Mt. Simvo 6811m, Mt. Kabru Forked 6108m, Mt, Frey Peak 5830m, Mt. Rathong 6679m, Mt. Kokthang 6147m and Mt. Goecha Peak 5127m.
Itinerary & Highlight
Day 01. Arrival in Bagdogra (Siligudi, India) and proceed to Namchi (Sikkim):
Fly in or drive in Silguri and drive (98km) to Namchi (South Skkim). Check in hotel.
Day 02. Namchi to Yuksam (1760m):
Drive(90km) about 6 hours via Rawangla where newly constructed Buddha Park is situated. Arrive Yuksom late afternoon. Check in hotel. Evening, rest or explore around Yuksom Bazaar.
Day 03. Yuksam to Tshoka (3005m):
Takes about 6-7 hrs walk. Trekking. The distance from Yuksom to Tshoka is 18 kms and takes approx. 6 hours. Walk through dense forest of pine and oak. After crossing river Prekchu it is straight 70 degree uphill climb which is toughest of the entire Trekking trip. Reach Bakhim from where the trek passes through magnolia and rhododendron forests. Tented Camp.
Day 04. Tshoka to Phedang (3550m) and proceed to Dzongri (4030m):
About 3 hours uphill walk to Phedang. Trek passes through dense forests of rhododendron. View from Deorali Danda provides a breathtaking views of the surrounding snowcapped mountains.. Reach Phedang for a break. After Phethang continue climb to reach Dzongri. The vegetation gets thinner and thinner from here except small bushes and shrubs. Tented Camp.
Day 05. Phedang to Dzongri (4030m):
Continue uphill trek about 3 hours to Dzongri Camp. After lunch, an excursion to sightseeing point for panoramic and sunset view. Return to camp.
Day 06. Dzongri to Tshoka:
Return to Tshoka (same way) about 5-6 hours walk. Trekking. Tented Camp.
Day 07. Tshoka to Yuksom:
About 5 to 6 hours trek. Trekking. Check in hotel.
Day 08. Yuksam to Gangtok (123km):
Explore around the local bazaar. Drive.
Day 09. Gangtok to Bagdogra Airport:
Drive about 124km to Bagdogra Airport (India) or Bhadrapur Airport from Gangtok. Departure from India.
– Depending on the number of trekking members.
– Hotel accommodation on twin sharing basis.
– Local lodge during the trekking during the trekking period based on twin sharing or dormitory.
– All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trip.
Mode of Transportation:
– Guided city sightseeing with private vehicle in and around Gangtkok.
– All ground transportation as per the itinerary based on 4 persons in a vehicle, including drop and pickup from trekking points.
– Airport pickup and drop at Bagdogra Airport (India) or Bhadrapur Airport (Nepal).
Inclusive (in addition to the above plan)
– Services as per the above mentioned plans.
– Service of registered English speaking city guide, experienced Sherpa trek leader, assistant guides and other experienced supporting field staff as per group size.
– Porters to carry your belongings (1 porter for 2 trekking members).
– Wages for trekking guides, field staff and porters.
– Insurance coverage for trekking guides, field staff and porters.
– Brand-new like heavy duty sleepingbag (to be returned on completion of the trip).
– A kit bag/duffel bag for trekking as our complimentary.
– A map relating the destination.
– Permit for trekking in Sikkim.
– All entry fees to the sightseeing point as per the itinerary.
– Basic medicines for staff and porters.
– Government tax and surcharges.
– Indian visa fee.
– International flights to and from Bagdogra Airport (India).
– Additional services beyond service plans, inclusive and itinerary.
– Excess baggage charges (if there is more than 15 kilograms per trekking member).
– Personal expenses (tips, bar bill, laundry and shower at local lodges and other expenses of personal nature during the trip).
– Travel insurance covering rescue in case of emergency.
– Additional waiting expenses in case of flight cancellation due to bad weather.
Fixed departures scheduled for 2019/2020:
To be arrived in Bagdogra (Siligudi): on 5 September.
To be arrived in Bagdogra (Siligudi): on 10 October.
To be arrived in Bagdogra (Siligudi): on 15 March.
To be arrived in Bagdogra (Siligudi): on 12 May.
Email to us for booking or further information on our fixed departures or a private trip* at your convenience. Thanks.
* Private Trip:
– Trip commencement at your convenience.
– Guaranteed and designed for quality seekers.
– No hidden charges or surcharges to ask you within the specified service plans, inclusive and itinerary.
– Can be customized on request.