The Annapurna Circuit is a popular name for a trek within the Annapurna mountain range of central Nepal. The total length of the route varies between 160–230 km, depending on where the motor transportation is used and where the trek is ended. The trek rises to an altitude of 5,400m on the Thorung La pass, touching the edge of the Tibetan plateau. This trek crosses two different river valleys and encircles the Annapurna massif, crossing Thorung La (5416m), the highest pass on this trek. Practically all trekkers hike the route counter clockwise, as then the daily altitude gain is slower and crossing the high Thorong La pass is easier and safer.The mountain scenery, seen at close quarters includes the Annapurna Massif (Annapurna I-IV), Dhaulagiri, Machhapuchhre, Manaslu, Gangapurna [7455m] and Tilicho Peak (7134m). Numerous peaks of 6000-8000m in elevation rise from the Annapurna range.
Itinerary & Highlight
Day 01. Arrival in Kathmandu:
Transfer to hotel for check in and briefing on the trip. An introductory sightseeing trip to downtown Kathmandu or explore around hotel depending on your flight arrival.
Day 02. Kathmandu:
Guided sightseeing covering all the major sightseeing points in and around Kathmandu, covering the prominent landmarks such as: Soyambhunath Stupa, Boudhanath Stupa, Kumari (the living goddess) Temple and Durbar Square Kathmandu.
Day 03. Drive Kathmandu to Bhulbule:
By bus. drive (8 to 9 hours).
Bhulbule to Chame(2630m):
The district headquarter of Manang. Trek.
Day 04. Chame to Manang (3570m):
Day 05. Manang:
Rest for acclimatization.
Day 06. Manang to ThorungPhedi (4420m):
Day 07. Thorung Phedi to Muktinath (3800m):
Crossing Throng Pass. Trek.
Day 08. Muktinath:
Day 09. Muktinath to Jomsom (2800m):
By local jeep or trek.
Day 10. Jomsom to Pokhara (915m):
By early morning flight. Arrive Pokhara and check in hotel. Rest or explore around Lakeside at own.
Day 11. Pokhara to Kathmandu:
By bus or flight. Check in hotel. Rest. Evening, sightseeing and shopping around downtown Kathmandu and Thamel Street at own. Farewell dinner will be served at typical Nepalese Restaurant with cultural show.
Day 12. Transfer to airport:
Departure from Kathmandu or make extension as per your time-frame.
– Depending on the number of trekking members
– Hotel accommodation for 3 nights in Kathmandu on twin-sharing basis.
– Hotel accommodation for 1 night in Pokhara on twin-sharing basis.
– Local lodge (camping partially) during the trekking period based on twin sharing or dormitory.
– Breakfast at hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
– Meals (including bed tea/coffee, breakfast, lunch, evening tea/coffee and dinner) during the trekking.
Mode of Transportation:
– Guided city sightseeing with private vehicle in an around Kathmandu as per the itinerary.
– Airfare: Jomsom/Pokhara with tax.
– Tourist bus: Kathmandu/Besisahar and Pokhara/Kathmandu.
– Local jeep Besisahar to Manang. Muktinath/Jomsom.
– Airport pickup and drop upon your arrival in Kathmandu.
Inclusive (in addition to the above plan)
– Services as per the above mentioned plan.
– Service of registered English speaking city guide, experienced Sherpa trek leader, assistant guides and other experienced supporting field staff as per group size.
– Porters to carry your belongings (1 porter for 2 trekking members).
– Wages for trekking guides, field staff and porters.
– Insurance coverage for trekking guides, field staff and porters.
– Brand-new like heavy duty sleepingbag (to be returned on completion of the trip).
– A kit bag/duffel bag for trekking as our complimentary.
– A map relating the destination.
– Tims card (trek registration card).
– Entry permit fee for Mt. Annapurna Conservation Area Project.
– All entry fees to the sightseeing points as per the itinerary.
– Basic medicines for staff and porters.
– Farewell dinner at typical Nepalese Restaurant with cultural show in Kathmandu.
– Government tax and surcharges.
– Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
– Nepalese visa fee.
– Airfare: Pokhara/Kathmandu if needed in order to avoid long drive.
– International flights to and from Kathmandu.
– Additional services beyond service plans, inclusive and itinerary.
– Excess baggage charges (if there is more than 15 kilograms per trekking member).
– Private porter if needed.
– Personal expenses (tips, bar bill, laundry and shower at local lodges and other expenses of personal nature during the trip).
– Travel insurance covering rescue in case of emergency.
– Additional waiting expenses in case of flight cancellation due to bad weather.