Location: Mehra Peak, Mt. Everest Region, NepalBook Now!
Mehra Peak (Khongma Tse 5849m)
Situated in the Khumbu (Mt. Everest region). It is one of the peaks, that make up he long southwest ridge of Nuptse carved out between the Khumbu and Nuptse Glaciers. The panoramic views of the massive south face of Nuptse, Pumori to the north and the Lho La are the main attractions while climbing the peak. The usual route to the mountain follows the Everest Base Camp route until leaving that trail to gain the Imja Valley and the east side of the Khongma La. Gain the glacier on its western side and find the easiest lines up its through right bank below the South Ridge of the mountain or along its through left bank below the Southeast Ridge. At the head of the glacier climb broken rocks and snow to gain the south ridge and follow this to the summit.
Itinerary & Highlight
Day 01.Arrival in Kathmandu:
Transfer to hotel for check in and briefing on the trip. An introductory sightseeing trip to downtown Kathmandu or explore around hotel depending on your flight arrival.
Guided sightseeing covering all the major sightseeing points in and around Kathmandu, covering the prominent landmarks such as: Soyambhunath Stupa, Boudhanath Stupa, Patan, Kumari (the living goddess) Temple and Durbar Square Kathmandu. Afternoon, preparation for a successful climb, checking and updating climbing gears.
Day 03. Kathmandu to Lukla:
By flight, then trek to Phakding (2652m).
Day 04. Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440m):
Day 05. Namche Bazaar:
Rest for acclimatization.
Day 06. Namche Bazaar to Tyangboche Monastery (3867m):
Day 07. Tyangboche to Pheriche (4350m):
Day 08. Pheriche to Laboche (4950m):
Day 09. Loboche to Khongma La Pass (5535m):
Day 10. Khongma La Pass to Mehra (Khongmatse) Base Camp:
Day 11. Mehra Peak Basecamp to High Camp:
Day 12. Climb Mehra Peak (Khongma Tse 5849m) and return to Basecamp:
Day 13. Basecamp to Dingboche:
Day 14. Dingboche to Tyangboche Monastery:
Day 15. Tyangboche Monastery to Khumjung and Namche Bazaar:
Day 16. Namche Bazaar to Phakding:
Day 17. Phakding to Lukla:
Day 18. Lukla to Kathmandu:
By flight and check in hotel. Rest.
Day 19. Kathmandu:
After breakfast, visit Pashupatinath and Bhaktapur. Return to hotel for refreshment. Evening, sightseeing and shopping around downtown Kathmandu and Thamel Street. Farewell dinner will be served at typical Nepalese Restaurant with cultural show.
Day 20. Transfer to airport:
Departure from Kathmandu or make extension as per your time-frame.
– Depending on the number of trekking members
– Hotel accommodation for 4 nights in Kathmandu on twin-sharing basis.
– Tented camp during the climbing period on twin sharing basis.
– Local lodge during the trekking period based on twin sharing or dormitory.
– Breakfast at hotel in Kathmandu.
– Meals (including bed tea/coffee, breakfast, lunch, evening tea/coffee and dinner) during the trekking & climbing period.
Mode of Transportation:
– Guided city sightseeing with private vehicle in an around Kathmandu as per the itinerary.
– Airfare: Kathmandu/Lukla/Kathmandu with tax.
– Airport pickups and drops upon your arrival in Kathmandu and Lukla.
Inclusive (in addition to the above plan)
– Services as per the above mentioned plan.
– Service of registered English speaking city guide.
– Professional Sherpa climbing guides, assistant guides and other experienced supporting field staff as per group size.
– Porters to carry your belongings (1 porter for 2 trekking members).
– Basic climbing gears for the team.
– Wages for trekking guides, field staff and porters.
– Insurance coverage for trekking guides, field staff and porters.
– Brand-new like heavy duty sleepingbag (to be returned on completion of the trip).
– A kit bag/duffel bag for trekking as our complimentary.
– A map relating the destination.
– Tims card (trek registration card).
– Entry permit fee for Sagarmatha National Park.
– All entry fees to the sightseeing points as per the itinerary.
– Basic medicines for staff and porters.
– Farewell dinner at typical Nepalese Restaurant with cultural show in Kathmandu.
– Government tax and surcharges.
– Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
– Nepalese visa fee.
– Climbing royalty (to be shared among the participants).
– Personal climbing gears (can be hired in Kathmandu).
– Climbing allowance for climbing guides (for their camping gears, to be shared among the participants).
– International flights to and from Kathmandu.
– Additional services beyond service plans, inclusive and itinerary.
– Excess baggage charges (if there is more than 12 kilograms per trekking member).
– Private porter if needed.
– Personal expenses (tips, bar bill, laundry and shower at local lodges and other expenses of personal nature during the trip).
– Emergency rescue cost if needed (advisable to have personal insurance).
– Additional waiting expenses in case of flight cancellation due to bad weather.