Isolated until 1989, the Dolpo area is hard to match for its surreal beauty and stunning charm. Situated at the rain-shadowed side of the Himalaya, the rugged scenery shows dramatic views, compared to similar altitude elsewhere in the country. There are no lush green hills fed by monsoon but a thrilling hardcore landscape, guarded by impressive peaks, striving for heaven. The Dolpo region offers visit to ancient and isolated villages, immortal to time. It provides you with sites of spectacular lakes, authentic Buddhist monasteries and plentiful wildlife (including Blue sheep, mountain goat, jackal, wolf and snow leopard). In case you are seeking for some overwhelming and impressive panorama, Dolpo won’t disappoint you.
Itinerary & Highlight
Day 01. Arrival in Kathmandu:
Transfer to hotel for check in and briefing on the trip. An introductory sightseeing trip to downtown Kathmandu or explore around hotel depending on your flight arrival.
Day 02. Kathmandu:
Guided sightseeing covering all the major sightseeing points in and around Kathmandu, covering the prominent landmarks such as: Soyambhunath Stupa, Boudhanath Stupa, Patan, Kumari (the living goddess) Temple and Durbar Square Kathmandu.
Day 03. Kathmandu to Nepalgunj:
By flight. Overnight Nepalgunj.
Day 04. Nepalgunj to Jhupal Airport (2320m):
By early morning flight to Jhupal and trek to Dunai Bazar (2850m).
Day 05. Dunai to Tarakot (2543m):
Day 06. Tarakot to Laini (3160m):
Day 07. Laini to Nawarpani (3545m):
Day 08. Nawarpani to Do Tarap (4090m):
Day 09. Do Tarap:
Rest Day at Do Tarap for acclimatization.
Day 10. Trek to Numa La Base Camp (4440m):
Day 11. Numa La Base Camp to Pelung Tang (4465m):
Crossing Numa La pass (5190m) and reach Pelung Tang. Trek.
Day 12. Pelung Tang to Dajok Tang (4080m):
Cross Baga La pass (5,070m) and reach Dajok Tang: Trel.
Day 13. Dajok Tang to Ringmo Village (3600m):
Day 14. Ringmo Village:
Explore around Phoksumdo (Ringmo) Lake.
Day 15. Phoksumdo Lake to Shyanta (2520m):
Day 16. Shyanta to Jhupal Airport:
Trek returning to Jhupal.
Day 17. Jhupa to Kathmandu:
An early morning flight to Nepalgunj, then Kathmandu. Check in hotel and rest. Evening, sightseeing and shopping around downtown Kathmandu and Thamel Street at own. Farewell dinner will be served at typical Nepalese Restaurant with cultural show.
Day 18. Transfer to airport:
Departure from Kathmandu or make extension as per your time-frame.
– Depending on the number of trekking members
– Hotel accommodation for 4 nights in Kathmandu on twin-sharing basis.
– Hotel accommodation for 1 night in Nepalgunj on twin-sharing basis.
– Camping accommodation during the trekking period based on twin sharing or dormitory.
– Breakfast at hotel in Kathmandu and Nepalgunj.
– Meals (including bed tea/coffee, breakfast, lunch, evening tea/coffee and dinner) during the trekking.
Mode of Transportation:
– Guided city sightseeing with private vehicle in an around Kathmandu as per the itinerary.
– Airfare: Kathmandu/Nepalgunj/Jhupal (Dolpa)/Nepalgunj/Kathmandu with tax (subject to increment on fare revise).
– Airport pickups and drops upon your arrival in Kathmandu, Nepalgunj, Jomsom and Pokhara.
Inclusive (in addition to the above plan)
– Services as per the above mentioned plan.
– Service of registered English speaking city guide, experienced Sherpa trek leader, assistant guides and other experienced supporting field staff as per group size.
– Porters to carry your belongings (1 porter for 2 trekking members).
– Wages for trekking guides, field staff and porters.
– Insurance coverage for trekking guides, field staff and porters.
– Brand-new like heavy duty sleepingbag (to be returned on completion of the trip).
– A kit bag/duffel bag for trekking as our complimentary.
– A map relating the destination.
– Tims card (trek registration card).
– Entry permit fee for Lower Dolpa.
– All entry fees to the sightseeing points as per the itinerary.
– Basic medicines for staff and porters.
– Farewell dinner at typical Nepalese Restaurant with cultural show in Kathmandu.
– Government tax and surcharges.
– Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Nepalgunj.
– Nepalese visa fee.
– International flights to and from Kathmandu.
– Additional services beyond service plans, inclusive and itinerary.
– Excess baggage charges (if there is more than 15 kilograms per trekking member).
– Private porter if needed.
– Personal expenses (tips, bar bill, laundry and shower at local lodges and other expenses of personal nature during the trip).
– Travel insurance covering rescue in case of emergency.
– Additional waiting expenses in case of flight cancellation due to bad weather.