Location: The summit of of Kwangde Peak, NepalBook Now!
Kwangde Peak (6011m)
This peak is also known as Kwangde Ri which consists multi-peak ridge on the East end of Lumding Himal adjoing Rolwaling. The peak is located south of Namche Bazar. Kwangde is surrounded by glaciers of Karyolung, Numbur and Khartang, rarely stepped by adventure overs. Kwangde was first climbed by a Japanese climbers in 1978. The panoramice views which you can enjoy during climbing period are Mt. Everest, Mt. Amadablam, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Makalu, Mt. Lhotse, Baruntse Peak, Tashi Peak, mt. Thamserku, and Kusum Kangru as well as Namche Bazar and its surrounding landscapes. Good climbing technic is essential even Kwangde is considered as trekking peak.
Itinerary & Highlight
Day 01. Arrival in Kathmandu:
Transfer to hotel for check in and briefing on the trip. An introductory sightseeing trip to downtown Kathmandu or explore around hotel depending on your flight arrival or visit local trekking shops if you need to recheck your personal climbing gears.
Day 02. Kathmandu:
Guided sightseeing covering all the major sightseeing points in and around Kathmandu, covering the prominent landmarks such as: Soyambhunath Stupa, Boudhanath Stupa, Patan, Kumari (the living goddess) Temple and Durbar Square Kathmandu.
Day 03. Kathmandu to Lukla (2856m) and Phakding:
Transfer to airport for early morning flight to Lukla. After lunch, start our trekking (3 to 4 hours) to Chutok La crossing numbers of Sherpa settlements for overnight camp.
Day 04: Phakding to Lumding Kharka (3800m):
Day 05: Lumding Kharka to Pokhari Camp (4250m):
Gradual uphill trek.
Day 06. Pokhari Camp to Base Camp (4700m):
Uphill trek. Set up camp.
Day 07. Base Camp to High Camp (5200m):
Day 08. High Camp to Summit Kwangde Peak and High Camp:
Summit Kwagde Peak and return to High Camp for overnight. Climbing
Day 09. High Camp to Base Camp:
On completion of climbing. Cleaning Base Camp and in preparation of return.
Day 10. Base Camp to Thame village:
Day 11. Thame Village to Namche Bazar:
As an option: From Namche Bazar, interested persons may extend the trek to Kalapathar-Mt. Everest Base Camp and return to Kathmandu at extra payable basis. But requested to make such arrangements before departure from Kathmandu.
Day 12. Namche Bazar:
Rest or explore in and around Namche Bazar.
Day 13. Namche Bazar to Lukla:
After an early morning breakfast, downhill trek to Phakding for lunch break, then trek to Lukla for overnight accommodation.
Day 14. Lukla to Kathmandu:
After breakfast, transfer to Lukla Airport for early morning flight to Kathmandu. Check in hotel. Rest.
Day 15. Kathmandu:
At leisure or personal sightseeing and shopping. Evening, farewell dinner will be served at typical Nepalese restaurant with cultural show.
Day 16. Transfer to airport:
After breakfast, transfer to airport. Departure from Kathmandu or make extension as per your time-frame.
– Depending on the number of trekking members
– Hotel accommodation for 4 nights in Kathmandu on twin-sharing basis.
– Tented camp during the climbing period on twin sharing basis.
– Local lodge during the trekking period based on twin sharing or dormitory.
– Breakfast at hotel in Kathmandu.
– Meals (including bed tea/coffee, breakfast, lunch, evening tea/coffee and dinner) during the trekking & climbing period.
Mode of Transportation:
– Guided city sightseeing with private vehicle in an around Kathmandu as per the itinerary.
– Airfare: Kathmandu/Lukla/Kathmandu with tax.
– Airport pickups and drops upon your arrival in Kathmandu and Lukla.
Inclusive (in addition to the above plan)
– Services as per the above mentioned plan.
– Service of registered English speaking city guide.
– Professional Sherpa climbing guides, assistant guides and other experienced supporting field staff as per group size.
– Porters to carry your belongings (1 porter for 2 trekking members).
– Basic climbing gears for the team.
– Wages for trekking guides, field staff and porters.
– Insurance coverage for trekking guides, field staff and porters.
– Brand-new like heavy duty sleepingbag (to be returned on completion of the trip).
– A kit bag/duffel bag for trekking as our complimentary.
– A map relating the destination.
– Tims card (trek registration card).
– Entry permit fee for Sagarmatha National Park.
– All entry fees to the sightseeing points as per the itinerary.
– Basic medicines for staff and porters.
– Farewell dinner at typical Nepalese Restaurant with cultural show in Kathmandu.
– Government tax and surcharges.
– Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
– Nepalese visa fee.
– Climbing royalty (to be shared among the participants).
– Personal climbing gears (can be hired in Kathmandu).
– Climbing allowance for climbing guides (for their camping gears, to be shared among the participants).
– International flights to and from Kathmandu.
– Additional services beyond service plans, inclusive and itinerary.
– Excess baggage charges (if there is more than 12 kilograms per trekking member).
– Private porter if needed.
– Personal expenses (tips, bar bill, laundry and shower at local lodges and other expenses of personal nature during the trip).
– Emergency rescue cost if needed (advisable to have personal insurance).
– Additional waiting expenses in case of flight cancellation due to bad weather.
Fixed departures scheduled for 2019/2020:
To be arrived Kathmandu: on 10 October.
Trip departure from Kathmandu: on 12 October. To Phading via Lukla.
To be arrived Kathmandu: on 8 May.
Trip departure from Kathmandu: on 10 May. To Phakding via Lukla.
– Email to us for booking or further information on our fixed departures or a private trip at your convenience. Thanks.