Location: Kathmandu, NepalBook Now!
Kathmandu-Nagarkot Heritage Tour
Kathmandu means ‘A Wooden Mandap’ or ‘Temple’ believed to been constructed from the wood of single tree, built by King Laxmi Narsingh Malla at the beginning of the 16th century. This wooden Mandap is situated in the heart of city near Darbar Square. Kathmandu is infested with Temples, there are more than 2000 temples, big and small both. Spread across an area of 360 square kilometers, the Kathmandu Valley is the political, commercial and cultural hub of Nepal. It consists of four major cities carrying great historic, artistic and cultural interest. They include Kathmandu (Kantipur), Patan (Lalitpur), Bhaktapur (Bhadgaon) and Kirtipur. Ironically speaking, Kathmandu valley was an empire consisting of for petty kingdoms till the Seventeenth Century A.D. The four kingdoms of Kathmandu, Patan, Bhaktapur and Kirtipur have today appeared as independent modern cities.
Itinerary & Highlight
Day 01. Arrival in Kathmandu:
Transfer to hotel for check in and briefing on the trip. An introductory sightseeing trip to Kathmandu Durbar Square. Return to hotel for overnight accommodation.
Day 02. Kathmandu to Bhaktapur via Nagarkot:
Guided sightseeing trip to heritage sites covering Kathmandu, Soyambhunath Stupa, Boudhanath Stupa and Bhaktapur. Drive to Nagarkot for Sunset view and overnight accommodation.
Day 03. Nagarkot to Kathmandu:
After breakfast, drive to Patan for sightseeing. Explore around Thamel Street for sightseeing and shopping. Evening, sightseeing and shopping. Evening, farewell dinner will be served at typical Nepalese Restaurant with cultural show.
Day 04. Transfer to airport:
Departure from Kathmandu or make extension as per your time-frame.
– Depending on the number of tour members.
– Hotel accommodation for 2 nights in Kathmandu on twin-sharing basis.
– Hotel accommodation for 1 night in Nagarkot on twin-sharing basis.
– Breakfast only basis.
Mode of Transportation:
– Guided city sightseeing with private vehicle in an around Kathmandu as per the itinerary.
– Airport pickup and drop upon your arrival and departure from Kathmandu.
Inclusive (in addition to the above plan)
– Services as per the above mentioned plan.
– Service of registered English speaking tour guide for the whole trip.
– All ground transfers and sightseeing trips based on private vehicle as per the itinerary.
– All entry fees to the sightseeing points as per the itinerary.
– Farewell dinner at typical Nepalese Restaurant with cultural show in Kathmandu.
– Government tax and surcharges.
– Lunch and dinner.
– Nepalese visa fee.
– International flights to and from Kathmandu.
– Additional services beyond service plans, inclusive and itinerary.
– Personal expenses (tips, bar bill, laundry and other expenses of personal nature during the trip).
– Travel insurance covering medical expenses in case of emergency.