Location: Gosainkunda Lake & Langtang ValleyBook Now!
Gosainkunda Lake, a sacred lake for both the adherents of Hindu and Buddhist faiths, is also known for wonderful scenery. Ringed by high mountains on the northern and eastern sides, the lake offers a fascinating sight. In addition to its status as a place of religious importance, the Lake also offers stiff challenge to the trekkers. This holy lake is believed to have been created by lord Shiva when he thrust his trishul (trident) in to a mountain to extract water so that he could cool his burning throat after swallowing poison. There is a large rock in the center of the lake, which is said to me the remains of a Shiva shrine. People often claim that they see Shiva lying in the water. Devotes gather here in hordes ion the full moon night of August to take holy dip in the lake. Every year, during the event of Janai Purnima in the month of August, number of Hindu pilgrims throng the lake for a holy bathe. According to popular belief, the huge rock at the center of the lake is the remains of a Shiva temple. Another legend says that a channel carries water from the lake directly to the tank of Kumbheshwar Temple in Patan, approximately 60km away.
Langtang is situated directly north of Kathmandu in the Central Himalayan region and it is in Langtang National Park, covering 1710 square kilometers. The highlights of this park are the Langtang range in the north and several lakes in the south. High altitude jungles with diverse vegetation and wildlife, scenic lakes, glaciers and Himalayan peaks combine to make Langtang an attractive destination for visitors. Trekkers can enjoy the views of snow-covered peaks , Mt. Ganesh, Langtang and other high mountains. The region is also renowned for its holly Lake Gosainkunda. Thousands of Hindu pilgrims visit the lake area every year to attend religious festival in August. The area also offers a range of cultures. The three main ethnic peoples living in this National Park are Tamangs, Yolmos and Tibetans. Tamangs and Yolmos are traditional farmers and cattle breeders of the region, whose farmlands and villages stretch south and west of the Bhote Koshi and Trishuli rivers. The people the Langtang and Helambu are mostly Buddhist.
Itinerary & Highlight
Day 01. Arrival in Kathmandu:
Transfer to hotel for check in and briefing on the trip. An introductory sightseeing trip to downtown Kathmandu or explore around hotel depending on your flight arrival.
Day 02. Kathmandu to Gosainkunda (4380m) and Thulo Saybru Village (2100m):
Fly in Gosainkunda Lake by helicopter early in the morning. Packed breakfast will be provided. Explore around the lake and trek (about 4 to 5 hours) to Thulo Syabru Village for overnight accommodation and avoid altitude problem.
Day 03. Thulo Syabru to Lama Hotel (2380m):
Full day gradual downhill trek to Langtang River and then an hour trek to Lama Hotel for overnight accommodation.
Day 04. Lama Hotel to Langtang Village (3541m):
Full day gradual uphill trek to Langtang Village via Godatabela. Trek about 5 to 6 hours.
Day 05. Langtang:
Rest for acclimatization before attempting Kenjin Gompa and beyond. Explore around Langtang Village.
Day 06. Langtang to Kenjin Gompa (3900m):
About 3 to 4 hours easy trek. Reach Kenjin within lunch time. Check in local hotel and rest or explore around Kenjin Gompa. Trek about 3 to 4 hours.
Day 07. Kenjin Gompa to Tsego Ri (4984m) and Kenjin Gompa:
The longest day. An early morning excursion to Tsego Ri for the full day. Return to Kenji in the evening. Packed lunch will be provided. Trek about 7 to 8 hours.
Day 08. Kenjin Gompa to Kathmandu:
After breakfast, pickup by helicopter and check in hotel. Rest or explore around hotel at own.
Day 09. Kathmandu:
Spare day for adjustment in case flight delay to Gosainkunda or from Kenjin Gompa. Rest or sightseeing and shopping Farewell dinner will be served at local restaurant with culture show.
Day 10. Transfer to airport:
After breakfast, transfer to airport. Departure from Kathmandu or make extension as per your timeframe.
-Per Person: US$2725. Minimum: Two Participants
– Hotel accommodation for 3 nights in Kathmandu on twin-sharing basis.
– Local lodge during the trekking period based on twin sharing or dormitory.
– Breakfast at hotel in Kathmandu.
– Meals (including bed tea/coffee, breakfast, lunch, evening tea/coffee and dinner) during the trekking.
Mode of Transportation:
– Guided city sightseeing with private vehicle in an around Kathmandu as per the itinerary.
– Helicopter Service: Drop at Gosainkunda Lake. Pickup from Kenjin on completion of the Heli Trek.
– Airport pickup and drop upon your arrival and departure from Kathmandu.
Inclusive (in addition to the above plan)
– Services as per the above mentioned plan.
– Service of registered English speaking city guide, experienced Sherpa trek leader, assistant guides and other experienced supporting field staff as per group size.
– Porters to carry your belongings (1 porter for 2 trekking members).
– Wages for trekking guides, field staff and porters.
– Insurance coverage for trekking guides, field staff and porters.
– Brand-new like heavy duty sleepingbag (to be returned on completion of the trip).
– A map relating the destination.
– Tims card (trek registration card).
– Entry permit fee for Langtang National Park.
– All entry fees to the sightseeing points as per the itinerary.
– Basic medicines for staff and porters.
– Farewell dinner at typical Nepalese Restaurant with cultural show in Kathmandu.
– Government tax and surcharges.
– Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
– Nepalese visa fee.
– International flights to and from Kathmandu.
– Additional services beyond service plan, inclusive and itinerary.
– Excess baggage charges.
– Private porter if needed.
– Personal expenses (tips, bar bill, laundry and shower at local lodges and other expenses of personal nature during the trip).
– Travel insurance covering rescue in case of emergency.
The best months:
mid February to May, August to late December.
– Trip commencement at your convenience.
– Guaranteed and designed for quality seekers.
– No hidden charges or surcharges to ask you within the specified service plans, inclusive and itinerary.
– Can be customized on request.