Location: Mt. Everest Region NepalBook Now!
Everest Basecamp from Gokyo Lake and Chola Pass
For an option to the normal trekking route to Everest Base Camp, this trekking route is recommended for adventure lovers. Gokyo is located in the valley immediately west of the Everest (Khumbu) valley and is far less crowded than the normal route to Everest Basecamp. The Gokyo valley is dominated at its head by the massive form of Cho Oyu, at 8153 meters the eighth highest peak on earth. Gokyo Ri or considered as Gokyo’s Kala Pathar is the best spot to enjoy the panormic views of surrounding mountains including Mt. Cho-Oyu and Mt. Everest as well as Gokyo Lake. It takes about 2 hours to reach the top of Gokyo Ri. There is two trekking routes to enter Mt. Everest Basecamp, the lower route via Phortse and Pangboche village. The another route is via Chola Pass (5300m), which is most challenging and rewarding route to approach Mt. Everest Basecamp from Gokyo Valley.
Itinerary & Highlight
Day 01. Arrival in Kathmandu:
Transfer to hotel for check in and briefing on the trip. An introductory sightseeing trip to downtown Kathmandu or explore around hotel depending on your flight arrival.
Day 2. Kathmandu to Lukla (2800m) to Phakding (2600m):
After breakfast, transfer to domestic terminal of Kathmandu Airport for the 45-minute flight to Lukla, landing on the STOL runway in the heart Lukla Village, the gateway to Mt. Everest Region. Meet our porters and supporting field staffs. After lunch, proceed to Phakding Village for overnight accommodation. Trek 2 to 3 hours.
Day 03. Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3446m):
Full day, trekking through pine forest along with Bhote Koshi River. An easy walk up to Monjo Check Post, the entrance to the Sagarmatha (Mt. Everest) National Park. After lunch, gradual up and then steep climb to Namche Bazar for overnight accommodation. About 5 hours trek.
Day 04. Namche Bazaar:
Full day rest or sightseeing in and around Namche Bazar, acclimatizing to the new altitude before attempting higher destinations of the trekking course. Acclimatization. Rest.
Day 05. Namche Bazaar to Dole (4038m):
Steep trek to hotel Everest View for coffee break, then uphill trek to Dole via Khumzung village. Trek about 5 hours.
Day 06. Dole to Machermo (4470m):
An easy gradual trek to Machermo for overnight stay. Trek about 5 hours.
Day 07. Machermo to Gokyo (4848m):
Trek entering into Gokyo Valley along with the panoramic views of surrounded mountains. About 4 hours at maximum.
Day 08. Gokyo to Gokyo Peak and trek to Thaknag (4690m):
For panoramic view of Gokyo valley as well as a glimpse of Mt. Everest from Gokyo Peak. Return to Gokyo and then trek to Thaknag crossing Ngozumpa Glacier. About
Day 09. Thaknag to Chola Pass (5300m) and Zhong La (4710m):
After an early morning breakfast uphill trek to Chola Pass, then gradual downhill trek to Zhong La. Trek about 6 hours.
Day 10. Zhong La to Laboche (4930m):
An easy trek to Laboche admiring Mt. Pumori, Nuptse and other surrounded mountains. About 5 hours from Zhong La.
Day 11. Laboche to Gorakshep (5170m):
Following the rocky trail through Khumbu Glacier, we arrive Gorakshep for lunch break. The route offers panoramic views of the surrounding mountains including Mt. Pumori and Nuptse. After lunch rest or explore around the camp.
Day 12. Gorakshep to Kalapathar and return to Gorakshep:
An excursion to Kalapathar Peak for the best view of Mt. Everest. Return to Gorakshep for rest and overnight accommodation.
Day 13. Gorakshep to Everest Base Camp (EBC) and Pheriche:
Having an early morning breakfast, proceed to Mt. Everest Base Camp and trek to Pheriche for overnight accommodation.
Day 14. Pheriche to Tengboche:
Trek to Tengboche Monastery having breathtaking views of Mt. Amadablam at her best. One of the most beautiful parts of the trekking course.
Day 15. Tenboche to Namche Bazaar:
An comfortable gradual downhill trek to Phungi Tenga and gradual uphill trek to Syomare for lunch and then trek to Namche Bazar via Khumzung or direct to Namche Bazaar.
Day 16. Namche to Lukla:
Involvement of downhill and uphill trek about 7 to 8 hours again. An easy walk to Ghat village, then gradual uphill trek to Lukla. Arrive at Lukla Airport. Celebrating the successful completion on the trekking portion.
Day 17. Lukla to Kathmandu:
After breakfast, transfer to Lukla Airport for early morning flight to Kathmandu. Check in hotel. Rest. Sightseeing trip to Patan and Bhaktapur. Farewell dinner in the evening.
Day 18. Kathmanndu:
Rest or shopping.
Day 19. Transfer to airport:
After breakfast, transfer to airport. Departure from Kathmandu or make extension as per your timeframe.
– Depending on the number of trekking members.
– Hotel accommodation for 3nights in Kathmandu on twin-sharing basis.
– Local lodge during the trekking period based on twin sharing or dormitory.
– Breakfast at hotel in Kathmandu.
– Meals (including bed tea/coffee, breakfast, lunch, evening tea/coffee and dinner) during the trekking.
Mode of Transportation:
– Guided city sightseeing with private vehicle in an around Kathmandu and Pokhara as per the itinerary.
– Airfare: Kathmandu/Lukla/Kathmandu with tax (subject to increment on fare revise).
– Airport pickups and drops upon your arrival and departure from Kathmandu and Lukla.
Inclusive (in addition to the above plan)
– Services as per the above mentioned plan.
– Service of registered English speaking city guide, experienced Sherpa trek leader, assistant guides and other experienced supporting field staff as per group size.
– Porters to carry your belongings (1 porter for 2 trekking members).
– Wages for trekking guides, field staff and porters.
– Insurance coverage for trekking guides, field staff and porters.
– Brand-new like heavy duty sleepingbag (to be returned on completion of the trip).
– A kit bag/duffel bag for trekking as our complimentary.
– A map relating the destination.
– Tims card (trek registration card).
– Entry permit fee for Mt. Sagarmatha (Mt. Everest) National Park.
– All entry fees to the sightseeing points as per the itinerary.
– Basic medicines for staff and porters.
– Farewell dinner at typical Nepalese Restaurant with cultural show in Kathmandu.
– Government tax and surcharges.
– Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
– Nepalese visa fee.
– International flights to and from Kathmandu.
– Additional services beyond service plans, inclusive and itinerary.
– Excess baggage charges(if there is more than 12 kilograms per trekking member).
– Private porter if needed.
– Personal expenses (tips, bar bill, laundry and shower at local lodges and other expenses of personal nature during the trip).
– Travel insurance covering rescue in case of emergency.
– Additional waiting expenses in case of flight cancellation due to bad weather.
Fixed departures scheduled for 2019:
To be arrived in Kathmandu: on 14 August.
Trek departure from Kathmandu: on 15 August. To Phakding via Lukla.
To be arrived in Kathmandu: on 3 September.
Trek departure from Kathmandu: on 4 September. To Phakding via Lukla.
To be arrived in Kathmandu: on 9 October.
Trek departure from Kathmandu: on 10 October. To Phakding via Lukla.
To be arrived in Kathmandu: on 5 November.
Trek departure from Kathmandu: on 6 November. To Phakding via Lukla.
Fixed departures scheduled for 2020:
To be arrived in Kathmandu: on 16 March.
Trek departure from Kathmandu: on 17 March. To Phakding via Lukla.
To be arrived in Kathmandu: on 7 May.
Trek departure from Kathmandu: on 8 May. To Phakding via Lukla.
– Email to us for booking or further information on our fixed departures or a private trip at your convenience. Thanks.